SAMA membership provides you with individual or collective representation aimed at influencing medical and health legislation, regulation and policies. Our activities, products and services will assist you, as a private or public sector practitioner, to practise more successfully.
Medical doctors and medical students registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), qualify for SAMA membership. All members must abide by the Memorandum of Incorporation and Company rules of the Association. With the exception of honorary and international members, SAMA members enjoy full voting rights at National Council and local Branch levels.
SAMA further offers Member benefits and services to its members.
- Including updates on legislation, medical ethics, labour relations, continuing professional development and coding products and practice tools.
- Representation for individuals and groups in all matters affecting the profession.
- Industrial relations assistance, support and representation.
- Private practice assistance, and Medical coding support services.
- Continuing Professional Development services, including access to advice, information, recording systems and point-earning opportunities.
- Monthly hard copy of The South African Journal (SAMJ) incorporating Continuing Medical Education (CME), you can earn Clinical CPD points. Twice yearly electronic access to the South African Journal of Bioethics and Law (SAJBL) ethical CPD points can be earned.
- Special offers exclusive to SAMA members, such as preferential and discounted rates for: Vehicles, Car Rental, Insurance, Roadside assistance. Lifestyle benefits, Online CPD & short courses, International Conferences, Electronic Medical Doctors’ Coding Manual, Medical Doctors’ Coding Manual Book, ICD-10 Browser, eCCSA (Electronic complete CPT for South Africa|)
Together we can make a difference to the benefit of the greater good of our people and our country.